Looking for a C class

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Sun Mar 20 05:03:48 MST 2011

I personally think that looking for a "C class" with such specific purpose
and narrow scope, is a waste of time and may indicate that you don't
understand your own needs.
No insult here, been there, done that, time and again, sucks...

The point is: "data structures" have nothing to do with the tools you
implement them with, and unless you are trying to do something REALLY
esoteric, just about anything you can think of can be efficiently
implemented using C++ STL or Boost.  If C++ is not an option, there are C
libraries out there too, but I haven't used them much.

Also, "windows dominated" is sort of an oxymoron.
The tools of the environment are relevant, but the compiler either abides by
the standard or not.  If it does, it is "C", if it doesn't, then it is
something else.  The "class" will (hopefully) state "we teach ANSI C (or
not)".

In short, the statement:
"I am looking for a C class that is data structures focused and not windows
dominate.", sounds to me like: "I am looking for an art class that is not
wide-brush dominated."

Art?
Music?
Sculpture?
Paint?
Do you need a narrow-brush for poetry?
See the drift?   :)

If you didn't get offended, and are willing to disclose to me what it is
that you are trying to accomplish, I'll be more than willing to help you
stir in the right direction and happy to help you in your C and/or data
structures learning process.

Have a good one!
ET