Need Suggestions on Improving WifI Reception

gm5729 gm5729 at CryptoHeaven.com
Thu Mar 10 13:43:42 MST 2011

You need to run a repeater. Double check all your equipment. Some older can only run on open networks, some WEP only some are WPA/2 compliant. YMMV

OR

Move your wifi HIGHER in the office. Strangely enough my Clear Modem - 4G/wifi likes it in ONE spot on top of my  fridge, with a LED tenser lamp as an antennea. Ya, I know... I actually gain a dot signal strength with the addition or subtraction accordingly.

OR

If you have chicken wire in your walls it will interfere with all radio signals.

---

gk
GPG -- C0380672

http://gm5729.blogspot.com/
Please use my Secure HIPPA, GLBA and PIPEDA compliant Web Gateway if you initiate an email communication to me and  you don't have an account with this email service. The link to this Gateway is on my Google Blogspot. The ability to include attachments is also possible.

---
Secure Reply (option enabled):
http://www.CryptoHeaven.com/ch/web-mail.jsp?uId=3537572&subject=Re%3A+Re%3A+Need+Suggestions+on+Improving+WifI+Reception&fromName=plug-discuss&fromEmail=plug-discuss%40lists.plug.phoenix.az.us