O.T. Cell Phone Contacts

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 16:04:07 MST 2011

Well right now I am using an android phone, and aside from having the
contacts linked to a Google account it has been pretty fantastic about
keeping my data. I can then sync that device via the Ubuntu one
service with windows and Linux contact managers.

Not all on the list would like this solution, but it works smoothly.
the downside is your contacts are living on servers that aren't
necessarily yours.

For those you can look into the funambol service. which is the
technology that the Ubuntu one service runs on.

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 3:56 PM, mike enriquez <mylinux at cox.net> wrote:
> Does anyone on the list know if any of the cell phones out there have
> contact managers that will work with a computer contact manager.
> It seems like every time,  I change cell phones I cannot carry my contacts
> to my new cell phone.
>
> Linux contact managers are fine or I can also try those other guy in
> Redmond.
>
> Thanks
> Mike Enriquez

Stephen