web conference

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Mar 4 13:20:55 MST 2011

Am 04. Mar, 2011 schwätzte Alan Dayley so:

moin moin,

> Setup your own video and voice conferencing server.

I do need to do that. Not for this instance, though.

> http://bigbluebutton.org is dead easy to set up.

I forgot about bigbluebutton. I need to finally get to it.

> http://code.google.com/p/openmeetings/ is more manual to set up and I
> have not used it yet.  Demo videos look nice.

Page says it's available as a hosted solution as well. Hosted would be
good as I can get vendor to pay for the service :).

Bah, registration required. Demo registration get's an unknown error :(.

Moodle video demo appears to be working. Whiteboard is, will try other
components.

> Either can handle simultaneous video and audio for up to 25 people,
> depending on your bandwidth and hardware.
>
> See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_conferencing_software
> for lots of possibilities.

Thanks for the suggestions and links.

ciao,

der.hans
#  ABLEconf - 2011Apr02 - Free Software for Free Enterprise
#  Fairy Tale, n.: A horror story to prepare children for the newspapers.