Sound not working

Richard Wilson relw at mchsi.com
Mon Jul 25 17:30:05 MST 2011

All,

I could use some help on how to get sound working on a new (for me
anyway) system I recently rescued (rescued = replaced power supply and
overwrote corrupt Windows installation with Linux).  This system has an
ASUS A8V Deluxe motherboard with an on board 8 channel sound controller.

I ran the alsa-info.sh script and it stored my config out at
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=86fa0d5cc3e84072b1df4611187bf7aadb4b0dd8
I am not working with anyone there yet though.

I have a known working pair of powered speakers attached to the
appropriate output for only 2 speakers (according to the ASUS
documentation). but am getting absolutely nothing.

I am running Fedora 15 PAE kernel, KDE 4.6.5-1

Nothing I have tried so far has worked -- I am not very savvy when it
comes to sound cards.  Any help/poinjters would be appreciated.

TIA,

Rich Wilson