KVM/QEMU windows based management interface?

Dennis Kibbe dennisk at mesacc.edu
Thu Jul 7 07:38:24 MST 2011

On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 07:14 -0700, Stephen wrote:
> I have just installed KVM/QEMU and it seems to be happily running on
> my server, howeveri cant find any tools that work from a windows
> machine.
>
> the best i can think of is installing X on the server and then useing
> putty/xming to run them from the server.
>
> This is not a route i want to go, i really want to keep x of the
> server. the web tools i have tried so far have not gone well.
>
> Does anyone have some suggestions on what i can do or any tools they
> suggest for this situation? creating a VM and certain tasks from
> command line make sense, but i need a console that i cna use to
> actually perform installation inside the "console" of the vm so I can
> make the install happen.

See if Virtualmin will do what you want.

When people want a GUI for a server they, of course, think of a GUI like
they are running on their desktop. I think the correct GUI for a server
running in your web browser. Chances are the server is already running a
LAMP stack.

Dennis
--
Adjunct Faculty
Linux Operating System and System Administration