uncapped bandwidth hosting?

gm5729 gm5729 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 12:13:31 MST 2011

thats $35.00 a month plus over cap fees on any KB's used beyond your
cap. I won't get 4G here as its additional money I don't have (phone +
cell + data plan).

Um, what are you talking about? CLEAR unless it is totally different
out west is straight up $35 month, plus $5 equipment rental if you
don't purchase it. I found out it is easier to rent because the modems
at the stores are over $300 and not guaranteed to be new. As far as 4G
you don't have a choice either your city is UHF radio or it's 4G.
There is no inbetween. Do remember that though separate companies:
Sprint, Nextel, Clear and Virgin are all owned by the same corp. So
depending on how well their tower coverage is will determine how well
you can receive. Do if you use Clear turn ON your ping on your
routers, otherwise latencies will start to creep up between 500ms to
1500ms. Extra hint, the device brand name is the passphrase. Clear has
NO caps, no overages and no rollovers. You can just have a home modem,
you can add on VOIP -- make sure the Motorola modem is plugged into
the VOIP box and not behind your routers. Motorola says these are
omni-directional with no rotation necessary to find a signal. I find
that not to be true. Also know that the range on these modems is 1.5
kilometres IIRC. It may be 2 km.

--
gk
http://gm5729.blogspot.com/