OT- fast laptop

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 08:57:56 MST 2011

Honestly looking at newegg.com, comparing base price. they are smack
in the middle of the cost range. I would never get an SSD "pre
installed" they always cost more that way. but their markup is really
not to far fetched since that's still a 400 dollar SSD.

they will never be able to really compete with a T1 laptop builder
because of the buying power those companies have. but that's still a
very reasonably priced machine for what you get.

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Kevin Fries <kfries6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/27/2011 02:14 PM, leegold at speedymail.org wrote:
>>
>> Is this the HP Elite model you're pondering?
>>
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834157538
>>
>> Oh my, this is a "fast" laptop. I don't think you can get this little
>> gem locally...
>>
>> Lee
>
> Seems awfully pricey for those specs.
>
> Looked again at top of the line System76 Serval Pro, with a faster processor
> (i7-2920XM, @2.5Ghz), 4x ram, 160GB SSD instead of a 500GB HD (You can get
> it with that drive, its cheaper, but if speed is the issue, SSD is the
> answer), but it has a 15" instead of 17" screen, but still, with all those
> whistles and bells, its still cheaper.  Still no local provider, but they
> are made in California.
>
> I'll repeat my recommendation... Look at System76, and it comes stock with
> Linux, right out of the factory.
>
> Kevin Fries

Stephen