Unix admin traits. (humor)

Jordan Aberle jordan.aberle at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 14:07:45 MST 2011

I read that on slashdot today, good stuff.

Veteran Unix admin trait No. 8: We know more about Windows than we'll
ever let on
Though we may not run Windows on our personal machines or appear to
care a whit about Windows servers, we're generally quite capable at
diagnosing and fixing Windows problems. This is because we've had to
deal with these problems when they bleed over into our territory.
However, we do not like to acknowledge this fact, because most times
Windows doesn't subscribe to the same deeply logical foundations as
Unix, and that bothers us. See traits No. 5 and 6 above.