Tonight's presentation on accessibility

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Feb 11 08:47:34 MST 2011

Darrell Schandro recorded it on his Olympus DS50 last evening and
will post it as an audio podcast on the blind access journal blog and
podcast.  I dunno just when he'll get the editing done or any trimming
necessary but go to
http://www.blindaccessjournal.com
and stay tuned.  I'll have to tell you, my union contract said I was
only supposed to do an hour and a half but the time got so interesting
and fun that it went over two hours! Wow, where's my over time pay
<smile> and there was more that could be talked about.

I think it may be interesting to break out some of the discussion
areas and cover them in more detail in separate sessions some time in
the future.

Depending on audiences, The presentations would take more specific
directions.  I would talk more about how to make a program more
accessible to developers where to an audience of other blind users,
more attention should be paid to user responsibility of learning to
use the technologies themselves and point out how to go about this.
To rehab counselers, potential employers and the like it may be
appropriate enough to just show how the stuff works and that a blind
person can actually productively use the stuff.

I hope I didn't ramble to much here.