Strange Printer Problem

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Feb 8 08:35:02 MST 2011

That sounds close.  The 2270DW is a duplex laser printer with wireless
capability which Office Max had on sale a few weeks ago for $99.95.
That $80 price sounds like the wired-only version (model 2240)
perhaps.  I wish they had sold that one on sale too because I don't
plan to use the wireless part.  At the time I baught mine, the wired
version was not on sale thus costing more than theone I got.

In any case, I downloaded the firmware for supporting Brother 2270DW
on linux and built and installed an Arch Linux package for it.  It
works fine from the console as I said before; I just can't print from
gnome.  Not sure how or what Ubuntu will do with it.  Try from both
the console and gnome.