Strange Printer Problem

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 08:26:47 MST 2011

That model sounds familiar,  Is it the Brother Laser with duplex that Fry's
advertised one week for $80?  If so, I bought one for my computer club and
can go check it out there.  I recall having a problem installing it for
ubuntu but think I got it working.

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 7:49 PM, Steve Holmes <steve at holmesgrown.com> wrote:

> I wonder if anyone can help me out here.  I have a Brother 2270DW
> connected to my local area network and have the IP address locked in
> with the static DHCP leases.  From the text console, printing works
> fine when I use the lp or lpr commands through CUPS.  However, when I
> try to print anything from any program in GNOME such as gedit or
> firefox, I get no print.  From what I see in the CUPS access_log, the
> job scheduled OK and no errors show up.  When I hit the print button
> from the standard print dialog in GNOME, I can hear a faint thump or
> click from the printer but then nothing else happens.  It's like the
> print job simply disappears.  Yet this all works fine from the
> console.
>
> Is there anything I can look for to track this down?
>
> BTW, this is on an Arch Linux system but recall that CUPS is working
> correctly as far as I can tell.
>
> Thanks for any ideas.

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
  - Thomas Jefferson