accessing home network

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sat Dec 31 21:57:44 MST 2011

Install an OpenVPNAS (Access Server).  It's quite a lot easier and WAY
safer than ssh, plus most shops don't packet filter for VPN, but they do
for ssh 22.

OpenVPNAS will automatically allow you to download your clients
configurations after you login from any system and allows 2 licenses for
free (2 connections).
It's very easy to install, doing all the bridging and iptables for you.
All you do is connect the web interface and download your client and
connect.  OpenVPN clients are available for all computers and work
flawlessly.

For those of you who need more than 2 connections at any time, you can get
10 lifetime licenses for $50.00.

This IS the s-hexy-ist solution around.

Here's the instructions:

http://openvpn.net/index.php/access-server/docs/admin-guides.html

Be sure you open the VPN ports on your firewall and on your local box per
the instructions.

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Stephen <cryptworks at gmail.com> wrote:

> I use SSH personally. Uberflexible
> On Dec 31, 2011 8:57 PM, "Michael Havens" <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> How does one access their home network from a remote location? What I
>> want to do is backup my laptops hard drive to my desktops hard drive with
>> fsarchiver. I know..... by the time I get a reply I will be home and will
>> have accessed my home network but I might need to do this for some other
>> reason.
>>
>> --

(602) 791-8002  Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype