sorting 512.192 emails

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 23:04:58 MST 2011

Might
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=487246c51f78db43&hl=enhelp?

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Technomage Hawke <
technomage.hawke at gmail.com> wrote:

> well,
> I just spent a better part of 18 hours trying to cull out the ever
> expanding girth of my email accounts. in that 19 hours, I reduced the all
> mail folder by 259,213 emails using the only web interface that has no
> tools for the blind in it. its not like I want to keep all that email. it
> was starting to take so much space that I was getting nasty grains from
> google about it.
>
> the lesson here: go through your mail folders and clean them up. it is
> rather fast how much that 1,000+ mails a day can clog up the works.
>
> now I have to invent a better way to do this.
>
> -eric
>
> oh, and merry christmas, happy new year and all the other holidays in
> between.
>
> -eric

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, always use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy) and not To: or
CC:. Also remove all of the addresses from the message body before
forwarding the message. These simple measures prevent spy programs from
capturing the addresses shown in the recipient list and the message body.