backup entire system

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 00:19:42 MST 2011

I got things just the way I want them. How do I make a miiror image of my
hard drive? dd? Or is there a more user friendly way? I kinda want to do it
like a raid  would do it. You know.... where I would just recopy the image
if my computer gets corrupted and it would be like the day I made the
image...... hmmmm.... google it! I found system rescue cd! (
http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page) DOes this sound good? What do you all
recommend? You know, on the first page about this one of the programs is
partimage and they say that one of the limitations of it is that it does
not support ext4 filesystem. hmmmmm.... after a bit of reading me thinks
this doesn't work with ext4 even though the 'Main Page' says it does. Do
any of you know any differently?..... hmmmmm..... I've been looking but all
of the copy programs say  they support ext2 & 3 but not 4. What do you say?

--