Setting Up Bind9 Test

David Demland demland at cox.net
Sun Aug 14 19:52:28 MST 2011

Lisa and Michael,

Thank you for your input. I did not think about the rndc so I reloaded just for the heck of it. Yet I am still not getting Metasploit to show the recursive call working. Here is the named.conf.options file:

options {

                directory "/var/cache/bind";

                dump-file "/var/cache/bind/data/cache_dump.db";

                statistics-file "/var/cache/bind/data/named_stats.txt";

                recursion yes;

                auth-nxdomain no;    # conform to RFC1035

                allow-recursion { any; };

                allow-query { any; };

                //  allow-query-cache { any; };

                listen-on port 53 { any; };

};

I was unable to get the allow-query-cache line to load, I am not sure what I did wrong.

I did find the same pages and I have been through them, but I do not see what I am missing. What else am I missing?

Thank You,

David

P.S.

Lisa – thank you so much for yesterday. You have really given my class a lot to talk about. I am looking forward to class this week with them to see what else is said.