Server file upload question

leegold at speedymail.org leegold at speedymail.org
Tue Apr 26 01:56:54 MST 2011

Hi,

Wondered if I can ask a basic server question as my experience is mostly
limited to desktops...mostly. I'm doing this on my local host laptop as
a test...but let's pretend local desktop client and big server. So I
have some html and php code that uploads a flash flv video file from my
desktop to the server, the server is going to stream the vid to other
people. Per configuring the server were do I want to upload the vid to?
- were should they be stored? Should it be /var/www/uploaded_vids or is
better to store them in something more dedicated like /uploaded_vids.
I'm aim to use LVM which seems to make it possible to easily enlarge a
dir if the amount of uploaded vids storage needs to swell. I'm going to
use Ubuntu Server. This is just me messing around behind a NAT firewall
nothing too "heavy". Thanks.

Lee G.