Amazon vs Linode

Bryan O'Neal Bryan.ONeal at TheONealAndAssociates.com
Thu Apr 21 23:03:32 MST 2011

If your really good you can work magic at $5 per instance per month.
But that requires some actual planning. But after that it does make
things easy to expand.  Personally I would go for horizontal scaling
options from commodity providers. Maybe mix in some spare office
equipment for dev and test and you would be off to the races.
Ease of expansion and contraction combined with low cost is what you
gain from commodity commuting. Cloud is just a word. Don't get caught
up making things more web 2.0 and cloud-ish. Aim for solid horizontal
sailing at a low cost that will still provide solid HA.

--
Sent from my mobile device