Amazon vs Linode

Ariel Gold arielqgold at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 18:38:33 MST 2011

Private Cloud? Commodity hosting provider?

So you're saying Amazon and Linode are public clouds, and recommending he
setup a private cloud for less than $100/mo? That means he's paying and
managing his own hardware and setting up an automated virtualization system?
And the $100/month would be for colocation and bandwidth?

Not sure about Amazon's pricing, but I see $100/mo on Linode gets you a
virtual machine with 2GB RAM, 64GB storage 800GB transfer with three backup
slots... $1/mo for each additional IP for SSLs