Need Help with iTouch and Linux

James Finstrom jfinstrom at rhinoequipment.com
Wed Sep 29 20:24:53 MST 2010

give up on all the tutorials they are all crap. I had tried everything
that supposedly worked and none of it would. I saw a post on webupdate that
said Clementine supports ipods and guess what.... for the first time in a
year of failed efforts I can manage my ipod with linux. Clementine has
Ubuntu packages that may or may not work I would google for a how to on
debian

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Mark Phillips
<mark at phillipsmarketing.biz>wrote:

> My daughter has a Debian testing machine and an iTouch. If I plug in the
> iTouch, gnome mounts it and I can open it and see folders and files.
> However, gtkpod can't seem to find it. She wants to put some mp3 files on
> her iTouch, and I thought that is what gtkpod would do for her.
>
> I googled for some solutions for gettting gtkpod to talk to her iTouch, and
> found articles that talk about doing all sorts of rude things to the iTouch
> (ie jailbreaking it), which I assume is just old information. I found this
> article, http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45679, which
> does not require jailbreaking the iTouch. However, since gnome already
> mounts the iTouch, I suspect this article is obsolete already. It talks
> about using lots of Debian unstable packages, but do I really need them if
> gnome can read the iTouch drive?
>
> Anybody have a good recipe for getting an iTouch to talk to gtkpod with
> Debian testing?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark

James Finstrom
Rhino Equipment Corp.
http://rhinoequipment.com ~ http://postug.com
Phone: 1-877-RHINO-T1 ~ FAX: +1 (480) 961-1826
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rhinoequipment
IP: guest at asterisk.rhinoequipment.com