[OT] android phone, possible to get a good deal?

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 09:09:50 MST 2010

Well i would look at T mobile or sprint for that. T mobile actually
gives you a discount if you buy the phone outright. The Verizon rep
wasn't give you the real deal honestly. any of their normal monthly
plans are available without contract. hit their website look for a
phone, and in the options you will see monthly 1yr and 2yr. those are
the contract dates.

they just are trying to land the contract. however i have to say of
the providers i have worked with verizon is more expensive but
customer service and qos is top notch.

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 9:05 AM, M Hoy <mhoy06 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the off topic post but you guys/gals have opinions that actually
> matter to me as opposed to any other source I know of.
> I have decided I want to get a android phone and I've noticed that no matter
> how hard I try I can't get straight answers from phone reps/store reps for
> carriers.
> What I want:
> A smart phone running droid2.2 and a hardware keyboard on a month to month
> service plan.
> I'm more than happy to pay full price for a phone but it is inconceivable to
> me that I should obligate myself to a provider. Seems like the contract only
> serves them. So I will pay the money for the right phone but I'm having
> trouble finding a good carrier.
> I talked with a store rep at verizon (spectrum mall) and he says he can
> activate it and it will cost me around 108 a month for a month to month plan
> 900 minutes 10c per text.
> Is that the best deal I can hope to find?
> I cannot handle talking with these salesman anymore. They are worse than car
> salesman. Any help appreciated. If I can't find a good deal I'm going
> prepaid or something.
>

> --
> Mike Hoy

Stephen