OT - Explaining periods of unemployment on an application

Tim Bogart timbogart at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 14:38:11 MST 2010

I like your response.  At a company with which I worked for many years, many
years ago used to send me email on a daily basis listing folks who had been
terminated.  Of those, many were terminated because of falsehoods on their
applications.  And of those, not nearly, but ALL were due to information omitted
regarding some crime that the individual had committed.  And they ran the gambit
from robbery to murder.  Yes, murder, believe it or not. But in fairness, of
those, they involved folks who had been tried for murder and had been exonerated
by some means (found not guilty, thrown out due to mistrial or other reasons)
but the point is that they had concealed the facts regarding criminal activities
(I mean seriously, how can you forget to list something like that, or how can
you think it somehow doesn't qualify as something a potential employer would not
be interested?) that are easily checked.

Tim B.

I'm sticking with Grandpa Jones here...
"True is stranger than fact."
Hee-Haw