OT - Explaining periods of unemployment on an application

AZ Pete subs2 at cactusfamily.com
Thu Sep 16 14:18:38 MST 2010

It is generally best not to "stretch the truth" on an application, but
if you feel you must in order to get the job that's your decision.

But understand that it is *extraordinarily* rare these days that a
company will fire you because they found out later that you lied on your
application. If they want to fire you they have the right to do so
without cause (in AZ anyway). They'll be able to come up with a dozen
legitimate reasons to dismiss an employee without having to go through
the hassle of checking all the info on an application months or years
after the fact.

Lying on a application was much more of a risk when you could lose years
of pension benefits as a result. But that's not so much of an issue
these days.

Just my 2 cents

Interesting about the farm animal guy. Must have been a gov't job. :)

Peter