OT (or not?) Firefox question about the address bar.

Eric Cope eric.cope at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 13:22:33 MST 2010

 I don't know the answer to your questions, but I do know why they did it.
Its a way to visually show the level of "security" behind the SSL
certificate. Green is a lightly verified SSL cert, Blue is a heavily
verified SSL cert, etc. The idea is that if GoDaddy personally verified an
SSL cert, its less likely to be forged. If your bank had a "blue" cert and
suddenly you noticed a "green" cert, you should probably be concerned.

Eric