OT : Need to determine what the going rate is for a junior programmer

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 20:21:36 MST 2010

Hi,

I need to find a helper and
need to determine what the going rate is for a junior programmer with
a year or two of experience, maybe more.  He or she would need
all the normal skills, PHP, MySql, CSS, JavaScript, XHTML, some AJAX
exposure using a common library like MooTools or jQuery.  Extras
that would be a plus : Drupal, payment gatway, some LAMP skills.

need to determine what fair compensation would be for someone like
this on a 1099 - full-time retainer without any benefits except 4
weeks of paid vacation a years and 6 paid holidays.  This is a
work on your own type of gig and you can flex your time to some
degree.  Would like this person to be available most of the day
and they need to be willing to answer their phone or call back in a
timely   manner and respond to emails in a timely manner.  There
would be a need to be on call some of the time.  I have been the
only one on call (24/7) for 3 years and I have had 1 time where I
needed to work into the early morning to deal with something.
The other 2 times I had to deal with something for an hour or so in
the evening.

This person would work with me and would need to
be in the East Valley so we could get together on a weekly bases or
when we need to work face to face.  In the beginning I would
want to spend more time working together because there is a lot to
learn about our system.

It is a great gig working with a very
successful virtual company which does all it's business online.

will post the job once I put together more of the particulars.

Just need some input on compensation at this point.

Thanks
for your feed back!

Keith Smith