Need Help with Linux Video and Skype

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 16:14:35 MST 2010

It looks to me like video playback is sucking hard - esp. if Youtube
can crash it.

I would start with youtube - are your video drivers set up correctly?
What happens when you run glxgears at the command line?  Do you have
the latest flash player?

Youtube is all about video output.  Video4Linux is about input.  When
Skype is working it does both video input and output.  You're blaming
the input side when the experience with youtube suggests the problem
is on output, not input.

Jim