Plug website down

James Mcphee jmcphe at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 22:24:45 MST 2010

I still cut up partitions on my big boxes into /var /usr /tmp /home and /.
 Dynamic partitions alerting at about 75% full, static ones at about 90%,
depending on activity and history.  I've found it's just safer.  On my home
boxes, and the smaller systems, I tend to do / and /home.  All of this is
using some kind of volume management, or an easy enough way to grow if
needed, of course.

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Lisa Kachold <lisakachold at obnosis.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 8:53 AM, Ed <plug at 0x1b.com> wrote:

>> > I agree with this, as I expect most PLUG members would.
>> > Is this an impractical goal?
>> > Is there some reason it cannot be done? What would it take?
>> > Lisa seems to indicate that perhaps Hans needs to delegate some of his
>> > responsibilities, or am I reading her comments wrong?
>> >
>> > --
>> > -Eric 'shubes'
>>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> The site is undergoing a migration to a new CMS, if memory serves,
>> Drupal is not going to run the next www.plug.phoenix.az.us.
>> Most of the problems regarding the current site are due to
>> administrative cruft that has built up over the years - that and
>> upgrading Drupal has never been an easy or simple matter.
>>
>> Well, Drupal's upgrades are getting better, depending on your
> capabilities.
>
> ALL CMS have security issues; Drupal less than others...
>
> Content is generally not expected to be carried on for 10 years and 3
> revisions of Drupal, now was it?
>
> The content could be migrated manually with a few mysql queries and manual
> table populations, but it's not going to be displayed the same without the
> Event Repeat Module (which is currently still under code development for
> Drupal 6 and 7 [and not stable under 5 - which the plug-site runs on]).
>
> I have a LOT of drupal, Joomla, Wordpress, vTiger, and few trillion others,
> with Ubercart, etc.  It's a trade-off really, just like the inane arguments
> over which distro is better....
>
> Drupal and any CMS is only as good as the developer, and those without
> experience with a tool, tend to search for another and bash it, usually
> going away in the volunteering process.  Laugh!
>

>> thus a further migration.

> Skype: 6022393392
> ATT:     5037544452
> GV:      6236883392
> http://www.it-clowns.com
> Politicians should read science fiction, not westerns and detective
> stories. -Arthur C. Clark
> I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything
> I do. -Heinlein

James McPhee
jmcphe at gmail.com