Samba

Robert N. Eaton Motheaton28 at aol.com
Sat Oct 30 09:23:35 MST 2010

  Hi, all,

  My four year old home-built devoured its sda and while I was having it
repaired, I bought an e-Machine with M$Win7 installed. Once I had gotten
that set up to my liking, I installed Ubuntu 10.? (upgraded last night
to 10.10.) on the old machine.

I bought a Netgear wired router and the necessary cabling and thought
that, for grins, I'd set up a small LAN using Samba.  (I even bought the
O'Reilly book.)

Well, the grins have turned to grimaces of frustration.  Is it POSSIBLE
to get Win7 to play nicely with Samba? How on earth does one set up
TCP/IP on a Win7 box?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

As ever, clueless,

Bob Eaton