looking for recommendations for web development companies

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Oct 15 00:37:32 MST 2010

I appreciate your interest in looking to the community for ideas for
development support.  However I am concerned about what you are
seeking in your web design goals.  I as a blind person, take
particular exception to things like heavy animation and eye candy!
Frankly, eye candy most often flies in the face of accessibility; that
is, the more eye candy, the more flash and the more animation someone
throws at a website the far less easy it is for a blind person to even
navigate around on such a site.  Sory if I come off negative here but
I think there should be a lot more to a good website than just
artistic beauty or cuteness.

In fact, I'm personally studying web development on my own time since
my recent lay-off but it is all being done on a LAMP type setup -
Linux Apache, MySQL (actually postgresql in my case) and php so I can
eventually become marketable with these newer more modern skills.