MySQL vs PG

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Nov 10 19:31:03 MST 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 03:16:15PM -0700, der.hans wrote:
> Am 10. Nov, 2010 schwätzte Rob Wultsch so:
>
> moin moin,
>
> >I recently gave a controversial presentation at PG West about MySQL
> >and would be willing to repeat it for AZPHP or the PLUG. Any interest?
>
> Definitely.
>
> We have presentations for January and February. Would you like Thursday,
> 2011Mar10 for the east side presentation or Wednesday, 2011Mar23 for the
> west side presentation?
>
> You could also have tomorrow night if you prefer :).

I would love to hear this.  I for one have been using PG for several
years.  Though very low activity, I for whatever reason got on the PG
band wagon first and thought it better than MySQL.  I don't have any
more solid reasoning so I would be interested in further comparisons.
Oh, East side for me:).