Question about portable linux

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 18:39:43 MST 2010

I have a laptop at work that is horribly gimped with xp 32 bit.

I can boot wubi but the drive is encrypted with mcafee endpoint encryption
so it cannot acess its disk volume past boot.

So aside from an expensive ec ssd or an expensive thumb drive that's out. I
so have a ian hdd but it's weird and I can't boot from it.

Im looking for options that I can ramdisk as I have 4gb of ram or get funky
useing the ian hdd for persistant data.

I have not yet tried to use the ian hdd for the wubi file as its a slow
drive.