My introduction to the PLUG mail list (and more)! :D

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Sat Mar 20 23:08:41 MST 2010

It looks like you haven't used command line parameters yet.

For a useful improvement, try replacing <archivefilename> with $1 and <packagename> with $2 in the script, representing the first and second parameters on the command line.
The call the script as follows (assuming it's named "download_archive"
download_archive "archive name" "packege name"

Then you won't have to use the vim search-and-replace for each package/archive combination.