SSD vs. HDD Performance

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Sun Mar 7 17:55:21 MST 2010

I've never had one fail on me yet, but from what I read of other people
that have had failures, it seems that the SSD will usually just
completely fail when it does, giving you no way of recovering the data
from the parts of the chips that weren't effected.... but who wouldn't
have a backup right?  But like you said, that might have been first or
second generation drives that were doing that.  In reality, even with
the MTBF rating, we really shouldn't be seeing any of them failing yet.

Brian Cluff