PLUG DNS Issues

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Sun Mar 7 10:39:26 MST 2010

Seems we had an bit of an issue with the DNS server that was running the
show for the PLUG servers.

This problem occurred about a week ago and caused the DNS for both
servers to be pointed at their old locations.

This would account for the seemingly random complaints with various
people not being able to get to the plug website, and would also make my
diagnosis earlier this week of one of Cox's DNS servers pointing to the
wrong location incorrect.  I still don't recommend using Cox's DNS until
they stop doing their "enhanced dns" system of delivering ads.

The problem has now been fixed but it could be a few hours to a few days
until the changes trickle down to your providers DNS.  In reality it
should only be maximum of 8 hours, but some providers have decided to
violate the DNS standard and force a longer timeout.

Thanks for your patience,
Brian Cluff