SSD vs. HDD Performance

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Sun Mar 7 17:04:06 MST 2010

I found an article that I believe was done by Ars and they tested a database
load on several SSD drives and said the reality of the longevity of the SSD
vs. the HDD was non-existant and the best estimate cases showed an SSD
actually lasting LONGER than the MTBF of a regular hard drive. So I am not
convinced that these drives fail so quickly. The first 5 or 6 generations
did, but I believe the newer systems will last just as long as a HDD under
all similar loads. I will have to look for that article again and post it.

Nathan