OT - Re: Linux Gaming - Linux, the Numbers

Tim Bogart timbogart at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 23 19:07:59 MST 2010

I have to pipe up here and offer up a small story.  I truly intend this to be humorous.

I have to admit, I'm not into gaming.  But, normally I don't criticize those who are and I understand the attraction it has for some.  We all have things we enjoy and I'm just an old fuddy duddy who sometimes "just doesn't get it."

I watched some of the curling competition on the winter olympics this past year, learned a little about the sport and generally formed the opinion that it reminded me of shuffleboard on valium.  I thought there couldn't be anything more boring save watching grass grow or ice melt, until today.

I saw a kid almost jumping out of his skin playing video curling on a wii.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  Video sports... baseball, football, golf, basketball... but video curling?  That took the cake.  I walked away in "head shaking mode" after I saw that.

I know... I'm just too old.  I'm sorry.  As I said... I intend this to give some of you a chuckle.  ;-)

Tim B.