Gulf Oil Spill Killing All

Mike Bushroe mbushroe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 18:57:50 MST 2010

I don't doubt that we are not getting the full story. Partially because they
don't want to tell, and partially because they don't want to look and see
how bad it is. But what follows is, no pun intended, off the deep end!

> In the last couple of days information has been forwarded to me, the
> entirety of which can be read at http://www.rense.com/general91/oilor.htm
>

> . A summary from the article quoting scientists studying the site says
> this:
>
> 'At some point the drilled hole in the earth will enlarge itself beneath
> the wellhead to weaken the area the wellhead rests upon. The intense

Wells are lined with steel pipe. The rapid flow of oil through the pipe does
not wear out the pipe. There is so many hundreds/thousands of feed of mud
and sea floor pressed around the pipe down to where the oil is that is can
not squeeze around the outside of the pipe to under cut it. Just like
sticking a straw into wet cement to vent a pocket air, the air does not
squeeze around the straw, it takes the easy way out *through* the straw,
until the pressure us released.

> pressure will then push the wellhead off the hole allowing a direct
> unrestricted flow of oil, etc. The hole will continue to increase in size
> allowing more and more oil to rise into the Gulf. After several billion
> barrels of oil have been released, the pressure within the massive cavity
> five miles beneath the ocean floor will begin to normalize. This will

Yes, at some point, the internal pressure of the oil cavity will drop until
it matches the pressure of the water at the Blow Out Preventer (BOP). But at
that equilibrium point, little oil will come out, and little water will go
in.

> allow the water, under the intense pressure at 1 mile deep, to be forced
> into the hole and the cavity where the oil was. The temperature at that
> depth is near 400 degrees, possibly more. The water will be vaporized and

No. Simple physics points out that increasing pressure also increases the
boiling point. This
table<http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/boiling-point-water-d_926.html>shows
that at 1000PSI, 2000 feet, half the depth of the BOP, let alone the
oil cavity itself deeper down, the boiling point of water is already 545 F.
No steam, no explosion. Just hysteria.

turned into steam, creating an enormous amount of force, lifting the Gulf
> floor. It is difficult to know how much water will go down to the core and
> therefore, its not possible to fully calculate the rise of the floor. The
> tsunami wave this will create will be anywhere from 20 to 80 feet high,
> possibly more. Then the floor will fall into the now vacant chamber. This

Now we are deep into fantasy here. Someone should copyright this and write
the screenplay.

is how nature will seal the hole. Depending on the height of the tsunami,
> the ocean debris, oil, and existing structures that will be washed away on
> shore and inland, will leave the area from 50 to 200 miles inland devoid
> of life. Even if the debris is cleaned up, the contaminants that will be
> in the ground and water supply will prohibit re-population of these areas
> for an unknown number of years. '
>
> There is also an extreme alert issued on Steve Quayle's website
> (http://www.stevequayle.com/index1.html
>
> ) regarding imminent evacuation of
> the Gulf Coast:

I tried to find this on Steve Quale's site. The page is no longer reachable.
Wonder why?

> 'Gulf Coast Evacuation Contingency Plans Soon to Go Operational: The
> operational name for the Gulf Coast Evacuation is "Swift Fox". Yesterday
> morning at around 8:30 Mountain time, I received information that specific
> towns, in Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, Texas and Georgia
> were having hotel rooms rented in mass by different named "Societies"
> using Federal government credit cards. The block hotel room rentals are
> for half the available rooms in hotels with a minimum of 120 rooms.
> Specific conversations were "overheard" that would indicate that the
> planned Gulf Coast evacuation is soon to be implemented. The only scenario
> I hear that may force the government to evacuate the coast is a multiple
> plume situation. Apparently, the unmitigated oil spilling has caused a
> pressure flux which, ironically, has caused a spider web network of Gulf
> seabed fissures, which has caused at least one other confirmed oil plume.
> NOAA is searching for two more suspected ones". This quote is from an
> insider who is really concerned as he should be. Here's additional info he
> provided. His comments in the following quote: "I know FEMA has already
> scoped out FEMA camp locations, i.e. vacant lots and swaths of land that
> can be leased temporarily in Texas and Georgia".
>
> Please take the time to read the whole alert if you are able as it speaks
> of severe food shortages occurring. Another report from scientists speaks
> of the underwater plumes being tested
> (
> http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2010/06/08/08greenwire-scientist-awed-by-size-density-of-undersea-oil-98517.html
>
> ):

That webpage also mentions how bacteria are already consuming the oil. If we
were supporting the BioRemediation instead of pouring tons of toxic
dispersant in on top of the billions of gallons of oil, that also prevent
the bacteria from consuming the oil, we would have a stable ecosystem back
years, maybe decades later. After all, adding dispersants sure didn't help
in Alaska!

> "It's an infusion of oil and gas unlike anything else that has ever been
> seen anywhere, certainly in human history," said Samantha Joye of the
> University of Georgia, the expedition leader. Bacteria are breaking down
> the oil's hydrocarbons in a massive, microorganism feeding frenzy that has
> sent oxygen levels plunging close to what is considered "dead zone"
> conditions, at which most marine life are smothered for a lack of
> dissolved oxygen. Such low-oxygen conditions were noticed farther from the

Yes, we need more oxygen in the water to speed up the consumption of the
hydrocarbons. But hasn't the oil already KILLED everything  larger than a
bacterium in the spill area, anyway? Why is a low-oxygen dead zone worse
than an oil spill caused dead zone? The bacteria die off once the oil is
gone, to be consumed by algae, producing another low oxygen dead zone, until
all the bacteria are gone and the algae are eaten by tiny things that are
then eaten by small fish that are eaten by larger fish until, gasp, a full
ecosystem is restored.

spill site, although Joye said she did not think the process would
> immediately produce a dead zone, since low nutrient concentrations in the
> water would limit the rate of the bacterial consumption. Joye said her
> team also measured extremely high levels of methane, which is also spewing
> from the gushing BP well at up to 10,000 times background levels in Gulf
> waters. "I've been working in the Gulf of Mexico for 15 years," Joye said.
> "I've never seen methane concentration this high anywhere in the water."
>
> The vast amount of poisonous gas being released into the atmosphere is
> also extremely alarming as the hurricane season will bring this onshore as
> acid rain in the next couple of months. The evacuations of the Gulf Coast
> states are expected to take place within the next couple of weeks. The
> whole situation is revealing itself to be more and more disastrous as the
> truth emerges.

Frankly, I am disappointed that this over exaggeration was posted  to a
listserve of people with a technical background.

Mike