new smartphone?

Kevin Fries kfries6 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 14:54:29 MST 2010

If you do get an Android phone, I would avoid the Backflip on AT&T as that
phone is too locked into AT&T services to be considered a real Android
phone, let alone be of any use to you.

Kevin Fries

On Jun 17, 2010 3:49 PM, "Stephen" <cryptworks at gmail.com> wrote:

android is about as close as you will get, and as they are heavily web
enabled you will need a data plan, just the way it is designed.

this comes up:
http://symbianoggplay.sourceforge.net/

and this comes up as well fro phones able to play ogg format
http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/PortablePlayers#Mobile_Phones

but all of those appear to require some sort of data plan. so the next
step is to find someplace that will let you have that phone without
data just phone.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Ariel Gold <arielqgold at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone know if I can get a phone like this: > > doesn't require data plan
> wifi-capable > gps wor...

list - PLUG-discuss at lis...

Stephen