new smartphone?

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 14:49:12 MST 2010

android is about as close as you will get, and as they are heavily web
enabled you will need a data plan, just the way it is designed.

this comes up:
http://symbianoggplay.sourceforge.net/

and this comes up as well fro phones able to play ogg format
http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/PortablePlayers#Mobile_Phones

but all of those appear to require some sort of data plan. so the next
step is to find someplace that will let you have that phone without
data just phone.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Ariel Gold <arielqgold at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone know if I can get a phone like this:
>
> doesn't require data plan
> wifi-capable
> gps works without data plan
> shell access
> sync calendar/contacts with linux box
> plays ogg
>
> So I'm thinking of buying an unlocked android phone....not sure if it'll do
> all that.

Stephen