OT: Net Nuetrality and the World Cup

Bryan O'Neal Bryan.ONeal at TheONealAndAssociates.com
Fri Jun 11 15:02:32 MST 2010

Neither. This is not addressed by net neutrality. ESPN has the rite to
make private deals all they want. Net neutrality says that if NBC and
ESPN both offer you the ability to watch world cup and ESPN has the
"better" coverage for you but NBC gives cox a kick back then Cox can
not block or degrade your connectivity to the ESPN end point.

Think of it like a phone call. Net neutrality says that if your mom
lives in Atalanta and you live here then when you call your mom that
neither Quest nor Bell South can intentionally block or degrade the
service of the call. However it does not say your mom has to talk to
you. That is between you and your mom.