Postfix + LDAP + Cluster

Ed plug at 0x1b.com
Tue Jun 1 20:36:54 MST 2010

Is this just a hot swap or some ghost servers?

The best way is to set up your failover at the DNS level and at the
LDAP cluster. A heartbeat can bring on the mirror postfix if the
primary fails. You want to be dropping your LDAP info to a flat file
for postfix to work from on a regular interval - no reason for postfix
to stop if it can't reach the LDAP(s) "Temporary lookup failure".
Also, I would guess there is a database in there somewhere for the
email themselves - just make that a cluster too.

I don't think Postfix is stateful on its own, just a queu that only
clears an email after delivery is confirmed to the next queu. If the
postfix machine dies before a message gets delivered, the message will
still be in the delivery queu, ready to be delivered.
or
http://readlist.com/lists/postfix.org/postfix-users/13/67961.html
or IPANY
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/users/63864