OT: Taking control of my life

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 31 08:19:35 MST 2010

These are tough times.  I have read that a lot more people will become self employed.  I work for myself and find it the best situation for me.  I like the freedom.  I never liked working in an office.

It comes with it's challenges and  there are things like bookkeeping and taxes that will eat up some of your time.  You will need a CPA and if you hire some one W2 there are hoops to jump though.  All in all it is a good way to go from my perspective.  Even if you stay small and do programming or LAMP support, it beats the office grind, in my opinion.

I would encourage anyone who is unemployed to think of how they might re-invent themselves.

Keith Smith