row-based or query-based MySQL log-bins?

Alex Dean alex at crackpot.org
Mon Jul 26 12:41:16 MST 2010

On Jul 26, 2010, at 2:11 PM, der.hans wrote:

> moin moin,
>
> Which is better, more reliable, etc?

I believe neither is 'better'.  Pros & cons for each.  That being
said, I have no direct experience with row-based replication, since I
haven't been doing production mysql work for a little while.  I'd be
inclined to stick with statement-based since it's older and presumably
better tested/debugged, but there are some cases where row-based makes
sense.

Looks like as of 5.1.8, you can let the server pick which to use on an
as-needed basis.  That sounds pretty snazzy.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/replication-formats.html

alex