MySQL grant use?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Jul 23 19:12:42 MST 2010

Am 23. Jul, 2010 schwätzte Bryan O'Neal so:

> I may also recommend that you don't do selective replication. Due to the

We're doing backups from slaves, so need full replication.

> ability to manipulate data using fully qualified statements you can
> circumvent replication rules. So it is best not to have them. I also highly
> recommend you do not do circular replication, which is typically the next
> brilliant idea after writing to the slaves which should be read only..

Ah, darn. Circular dependencies are so much fun :).

http://www.dailytech.com/Genetic+Study+Solves+Which+Came+First++the+Chicken+or+the+Egg/article19040.htm

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes        http://www.TwoGeekTechs.com/
#  Director of Engineering, FonWallet Transaction Solutions, Inc.