(ALTERNATIVES) How 'rsync' two in a script with one password?

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Sun Jul 18 10:12:21 MST 2010

Look at the "sshfs" command as you would at the "mount" command:
mount /some/device /some/path

sshfs doesn't "mount" devices, it "mount(s)" remote directories:

So:
>> rsync -avHp /home/joe/mydata/upquick/ vsiq at box5.bluehost.com:www/upquick/
Could translate to:

mkdir -p /remote/www/upquick
sshfs vsiq at box5.bluehost.com:www/upquick /remote/www/upquick
rsync -avHp /home/joe/mydata/upquick/ /remote/www/upquick
Clear as mud?   :)
ET