Looking for a mentor/adviser

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jan 31 21:09:41 MST 2010

On Sun, 2010-01-31 at 20:53 -0700, Eric Shubert wrote:
> Craig White wrote:

> >> I wish we could, but I only have a Tiger system to test with. I don't
> >> think Don (whose server we worked on) has Snow Leopard yet either, just
> >> Leopard. :(
> >>
> >> I was planning to upgrade the Tiger host to Snow Leopard in the near
> >> future. Do you think I should hold off on that? The host is a MacMini.
> > ----
> > I have several clients running many Mac's (Leopard) and connecting to
> > Netatalk and using it daily... no problemo
>
> Do you have samba sharing any of the same data along with netatalk?
----
yes - everywhere

anticipating your next questions... (2.05) and...

(sample AppleVolumes.default setting)
/home/shares/files Shared Files" perm:775 allow:@"Domain Users" \
rwlist:@"Domain Users"  cnidscheme:dbd  options:usedots

# ls -ald /home/shares/files/.AppleDB
drwxrwsr-x 2 ja Domain Users 4096 Dec  7
18:15 /home/shares/files/.AppleDB

# ls -al /home/shares/files/.AppleDB
total 34824
drwxrwxr-x 2 ja            Domain Users     4096 Dec  7 18:15 .
drwxrwxrwx 8 administrator Domain Users     4096 Dec 28 11:09 ..
-rw-rwxr-x 1 ja            Domain Users 35590144 Dec 23 10:33 cnid2.db
-rw-rwxr-x 1 ja            Domain Users        0 Dec  7 18:15 db_errlog
-rw-rwxr-x 1 ja            Domain Users        0 Dec  7 18:15 lock

(I find setting the 'group' sticky bit on the shared folder and group
ownership and write bits on .AppleDB and all enclosed files essential)

Craig

believed to be clean.