Looking for a mentor/adviser

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Fri Jan 29 16:37:30 MST 2010

Hi Sean,

I would call this Mentor/Advisor a "tutor" or "systems administrator".

What is the pay?

Generally, Linux noobs, until they learn the whole concept of open
source, open minds, where they don't pay another for knowledge, since
it's all freely available, just share it, on boards like this one,
will ask for someone to come along and think for them.

You will find that building your own systems, playing with virtual
systems, building your own OpenExchange, Samba, VirtualBox to cross
platform integrate with Linux and Windoze is GREAT FUN, and very easy,
once you learn to read and follow the directions?

Seriously you might find someone willing to do this should you barter
goods or services, but that would be more of an on-topic post for
craigslist.org in the Gig or barter sections?

You might come to the InstallFest and hang around listening to people
like Craig, and Ryan Rix, any of which will answer your questions
happily?

Welcome to the FOSS world, hold onto your hat, this is a fast furious
and fantasticly fun ride!

>>> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:WindowsSync
>>> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Download
>>>
>>> There is a spin off that i cant remember the name of, but it combined
>>> with that project and adds some additional ease of use with Active
>>> directory.
>>>
>>> That alone is a great start. as for what can be done it really boils
>>> down to what you want i to do. What about exchange do you use? what on
>>> those windows servers do you do what services and functions. knowing
>>> what services you are running will help us advise you on alternatives.

> workstation

> on
> too.

> the

> from

>>> --
>>> A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from
>>> rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.
>>>
>>> Stephen
>>>

>> --
>> A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from
>> rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.
>>
>> Stephen
>>

> This leads to another important question.  What distro are you looking
> at?  Does your company require support contracts for the OS and apps?

Skype: (623)239-3392
AT&T: (503)754-4452
http://obnosis.110mb.com/nuke/index.php
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Arizona