OT: How to insert a new frame on top of an inserted image?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Thu Jan 28 14:14:09 MST 2010

I've also posted the following question at oooforum.org ...
but I usually get faster and better answers from plug ;)
So, I'm posting the question here also.

I need to create a new oo document that is identical to an existing
document for which I have a full page (8.5x11) pdf or jpg image inserted.
Once I get all of the elements for the new oo document aligned over the
inserted image, I would delete the template document inserted in the
background (I hope).

However, since the inserted image completely fills my draft document (and
I don't know how to deselect the document so the square green dots at the
corners go away), I am unable to insert a new frame over the top of the
existing image.

I also tried inserting the template as a background graphic, but could not
get that to work, either (could not reposition the inserted background
graphic). And I could not figure out how to delete a background graphic
other than by using "undo" (which also undid everything I did after
inserting the background graphic).

So, what do I need to do to be able to insert new frames over the top of
the already inserted full-page graphic?