serial port 56k modem

mz mz at infomagic.net
Thu Jan 21 18:18:11 MST 2010

On Thursday 21 January 2010 02:24:03 pm Technomage wrote:
> this is my 2nd e-mail to the list looking for one of these. does
> anyone happen to have one in
> storage or just laying around? I am in need of one to setup a ppp
> server for my lan so I can
> dial into my network from any phone anywhere.
>
> please let me know.

Who said they're dead tech? Here in the hinterlands, where we've had
over a foot of snow today with rain for the last 3 hours, I still use
an external serial/USB 56k modem.

Don't have an extra, but mine came from FleaBay. It's an Actiontec AOL
modem kit and works like a charm. IIRC, it cost about $25 w/ shipping
about a year ago.

Good luck,
Mark Z.