serial port 56k modem

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Thu Jan 21 15:11:24 MST 2010

From: Technomage <technomage.hawke at gmail.com>
> this is my 2nd e-mail to the list looking for [a serial port 56K
> modem]. does anyone happen to have one in storage or just laying
> around? I am in need of one to setup a ppp server for my lan

Phone modems are old tech, and dead tech.  I may have a Real Modem
in my junk drawer, but if it's there, it's on an ISA card.  An
easier alternative if you can stand using non-Free stuff could be a
PCI Lucent LoseModem--those are usable with the right kernel modules,
and you might be able to find one of those in someone's junk drawer,
and it'll work in a non-ancient box.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows